“Research Assistant” refers to the post graduate student who carries out duties assigned by the authorized bodies and supports units operating under Eastern Mediterranean University in carrying out research, observations, experiments in return for scholarship.
Research Assistant Positions: Department of Mechanical Engineering will employ part time and/or full time teaching-research assistants for Fall 2023-24 semester. Applications should be made to the following email until 15 September 2023 Friday. Applications after this date will not be accepted.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. MURAT ÖZDENEFE - email@example.com
Assoc. Prof. Dr. DEVRİM AYDIN - firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Interviews will be performed on Tuesday, 19 September 2023 (Online). Further information to the applicants about the interviews will be provided later. Please provide your current CV and a letter of intention. Your letter should explain how your skills, knowledge and experience match the needs of the research assistant post you are applying for. Any additional departmental requirements should also be attached where information can be taken from the department.
The form is available at https://grad.emu.edu.tr/en/academic-issues/forms
Research Assistant Categories
(1) Category A: This is the research assistant category, in which full time students who are registered to either a doctoral degree program in EMU or, together with the decision of the related councils, who have registered to a postgraduate program of another university can be appointed to work. Passing the Doctoral Degree Qualifying Examination is another requirement for such students.
(2) Category B: This is the research assistant category which a full-time doctoral degree student who hasn’t yet passed the Doctoral Degree Qualifying Examination and who is either studying at a doctorate program in EMU or who, by the related council decision, has registered to a postgraduate program of another university can be appointed to.
(3) Category C: This is the research assistant category to which students can be appointed if they are full time students who are registered to a postgraduate program in EMU.
(4) Category D: This is the research assistant category to which full time students who are registered to a postgraduate program in the EMU can be appointed as part time research assistants.
(5) Category E: This is the research assistant category to which postgraduate students with a 100% scholarship can be appointed. Students meeting the requirements of this category may be appointed to other suitable categories, if they wish. In this way, the status of a research assistant whose assistantship ends due to various reasons but whose 100% scholarship still continues is automatically shifted to Category E.
Research Assistant Duties
- Delivering the courses assigned by the relevant department (for category A research assistants)
- Carrying out or helping others carry out tutorials, laboratory, studio and other similar educational activities.
- Helping with the course preparation and/or helping in the regular functioning of the laboratory / studios.
- Assessing homework, quiz, laboratory reports and other similar assignments for assigned courses
- Performing invigilation duties during exams
- Providing help in the organizations of various activities such as exams, accreditation work, congress, conference, seminar etc.
- Along with the academic duties, undertaking administrative duties assigned
- Arranging and meeting students during contact hours.
- Working at academic support desks.
- Keeping a record of the homework and exam results.
- Performing duties in centers and institutes.
- Providing help regarding student registration.
- Providing help as an assistant editor in magazines, newsletters, bulletins etc.
- Providing help in the organization of the graduation ceremony and other similar events.
- Performing the duties assigned by the department chair and/or dean and / or the person in charge of the unit.
Application Forms available at: IGSR website https://grad.emu.edu.tr/en/academic-issues/forms
For details, please visit https://mevzuat.emu.edu.tr/5-4-3-Rules-Research_assistant_by-law-m.htm